news & events
Authored onFeb 24, 2023
Join this workshop to understand the resources available to small businesses to hire and retain newcomers in Bruce County. Learn fundamental principles that can be applied when hiring and retaining a newcomer workforce from the Grey Bruce Local Immigration Partnership team.
What you can expect from this workshop:
- An overview of the Settlement Services ecosystem in Grey and Bruce Counties
- Benefits of hiring newcomers
- Barriers and challenges of hiring newcomers
- Practical tips for hiring and retaining newcomers
- Resources available to employers and small businesses
- Upcoming projects designed to help businesses to succeed in hiring and retaining newcomers and how to get involved
Click here to register for the workshop.
About the Grey Bruce Local Immigration Partnership
Building a more welcoming and inclusive Grey Bruce is the foundation of the Grey Bruce Local Immigration Partnership (GBLIP). In 2020, Grey and Bruce Counties received funding from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to administer GBLIP – a collaborative community initiative designed to fill critical gaps in the local labour force by improving the successful integration of newcomers. The GBLIP works at the local level to foster a sense of belonging and supports various stakeholders in building their capacity, raising awareness around the needs of newcomers and supporting community-level research and planning. The GBLIP recognizes that immigration will continue to play a key role in the economic future of Grey and Bruce Counties. Learn more about GBLIP at www.greybrucelip.ca